Personal Trainers

Personal Trainer Liability Insurance

Quotes for personal trainers are for liability coverage, which provides protection against claims arising from bodily injury or property damage to others. Having insurance for the life of your career is important, because you can be exposed to a lawsuit even years after injury has occurred. Our comprehensive personal trainer insurance programs assure you are covered for what you need when you need it.

Many gyms and facilities will require you to provide your own fitness instructor insurance, but some may cover you under their own policy. Be sure to find out if they cover you while training at their facility.

What Does Personal Trainer Liability Insurance Cost?

Insurance for certified fitness trainers begins at $125 per year. Non-certified personal trainer insurance begins around $190 to $220 per year.

How to Apply

We want to ensure you receive the coverage you need, so we offer two programs for insurance for personal trainers. Read below to determine if one policy might be better for you than the other and get started with an application today.

Program A

If either of the characteristics below describe you, apply for Program A.

  1. You need a higher aggregate limit than $1M. Check your contract for requirements.
  2. You’d like coverage for additional modalities beyond Exercise/Fitness/Personal Training, such as yoga or dance.

Program B

If Program A doesn’t apply to you, you can use Program B. Below are characteristics that describe the trainer that Program B is best for.

  1. You are a permanent resident of the U.S., but need coverage outside the U.S., such as if you teach on a cruise ship or otherwise conduct classes outside the U.S.
  2. You’d need a higher per-occurrence limit than the $1M that Program A offers. Check your contract with the facility you are teaching at to see if it specifies a per-occurrence requirement.

If none of the above characteristics apply, we recommend filling out both applications so you can compare personal trainer insurance cost and coverage. Contact us today with further questions about our insurance programs or the other types of coverage we offer..

Get Started

Common Questions

Q: If I do personal training out of my home, will I be covered?
A: Not under the Personal Training insurance. For training out of your home, you need a Fitness Studio policy.

Q: I have a partner. Is (s)he covered under this policy also?
A: No, he or she will need to purchase a Personal Trainer Liability Insurance policy of his or her own.

Q: Do I have to be certified to get coverage?
A: No, however most personal training certifications make you eligible for a premium discount.