Fitness / Gyms
We offer insurance for health clubs and fitness centers. To qualify, you must have a minimum of three years’ experience owning a fitness studio. This does not cover Martial Arts Studios and Schools. You can purchase insurance for martial arts schools here .
Examples of the types of gyms that can get coverage under this program include:
- Health clubs and fitness centers
- Personal training studios
- Fitness gyms offering cardio kickboxing, aerobics, and other cardio classes
- Boot camp-style and Industrial Garage Gyms (However, we do not cover CrossFit Affiliates)
- Other group fitness or circuit training
- Gyms offering yoga or Pilates
- Facilities with indoor tanning
Facilities that have any of the following characteristics will not be approved:
- Open 24 hours
- Climbing/traverse wall exceeding 6 feet
- Inflatable devices/bounce house
- Swimming pool
- Steam room
- Hot tub
- Aerial workout classes (see our program specifically to insure aerial dance, yoga, and workout classes )
If you hire cover Independent Contractors, you can add them to your gym business insurance, or have them purchase their own insurance. Your contractors can purchase insurance here , with the option to name your facility as Additional Insured.
We offer two coverage programs to best meet your needs. Here’s how to determine which program is best for you:
This program will be best for you if you meet either of the following criteria.
- If you want accident coverage. Accident Medical coverage helps pay the medical bills of an injured participant after the injured participant’s health insurance pays out. It is designed to help protect you, the owner, from being sued, since most people sue when they get hurt and can’t pay for their medical bills.
- If all of your revenue comes from training clients one-on-one and/or holding classes.
We offer Program B to give coverage options to owners who do not meet the criteria to necessitate program A. If you’d like coverage under either of the following criteria, Program B is best for you.
- If your facility allows members to independently work out, unsupervised.
- If you’d like a lower cost option with less coverage. Specifically, Program B does not offer Accident Medical coverage.