Insurance for Dance Instructors

If you are an individual who supervises or teaches classes engaging in dance activities, but are not an employee, this program is for you. If you operate your own studio, or lease space for your dance program, you will need Dance Studio Insurance.

Most dance activities are covered, however  Aerial dance instruction is not. You can get coverage for Aerial dance under the Aerial Instructor Insurance program.

Pole Dance Instructors insurance is available by clicking here.  

Get Started

What is Covered

The base policy includes Liability coverage, which protects you in the event:

  • Of damage to the property you rent, or someone else’s property (not your own).
  • Of lawsuit arising from injury or death of participants, spectators, or volunteers.
  • That someone deems you negligent in your advice or instruction.

Optional Coverage Add-ons

Facilities you work for may require you to name them on your policy as Additional Insured. You can add Additional Insured certificates at no charge.

Other optional coverages include Sexual Abuse and Molestation and increased aggregate limits.

How Does Coverage Work?

If one of your students were injured in class and files a law suit against you, the insurance protects you by covering all eligible claims. Exclusions (ineligible claims) apply to situations outside normal dance activities, and you will see them detailed on the application.


Coverage begins at $125 – $135 for certified dance instructors, and $165 – $179 for non-certified dance instructors.

How to Apply

  1. Fill out the application.
  2. Submit payment online with a credit/debit card or checking account.
  3. Policy documents will be automatically issued and available to download. You will be able to create/add additional insured certificates as needed.
  4. Call us with any questions, at 877-811-2271.

Common Questions

I will be traveling overseas to teach. Will my insurance cover me?
Your coverage will follow wherever you go within the U.S. and U.S. Territories, and you have the option to add back worldwide coverage! Claims or lawsuits against you will need to be brought into the U.S. in order to be submitted.

Does the Dance Teacher insurance cover me if I teach out of my house?
No. For classes you teach out of your house, you’ll need to be covered under the Dance Studio insurance program.

Will this insurance cover my partner, helper, or substitute?
No. This policy only will cover you, and they will need to get their own policy.