What is Covered

In addition to traditional dance studios, we cover:

  • Mobile or partially-mobile studios
  • Primarily-dance studios that offer cheerleading classes and non-competitive cheer activities
  • Pole Dancing Studios / Pole Fitness Studios
  • Zumba Studios and classes


Policies start around $475, and vary based on several factors including state, number of participants, and additional options you might choose.


We now offer two options for dance insurance for your studio or school.

Below are two applications for dance school insurance. Read to figure out if you will be better off with Program A or Program B, or filling out both to get the best rate. They have the same coverages, although the limits vary. Be sure to check your lease to see if you have limit requirements.

Program A

This is the best application for you if any of the following apply:

  • You have less than three years’ experience owning a studio
  • You have non-competitive cheer activities
  • You hire independent contractors (i.e., under 1099s) that you would like covered under your policy
  • You are a Pole Dancing or Pole Fitness Studio
  • Your studio is mobile or partially mobile

Program B

This is the best program for you if you:

  • Host birthday parties
  • Host camper clinics
  • Want affordable sexual abuse and molestation coverage
  • Management has minimum of 3 years’ experience
Abuse and Molestation coverage provides coverage for allegations of sexual abuse and molestation. Coverage is provided for judgments as well as for expenses to investigate and defend an allegation of abuse. However, both judgment and defense costs reduce the available limit. (Available Limit: $100,000)

A couple considerations indicate you should add on Sexual Abuse and Molestation coverage:

  • If organizations you affiliate with require it
  • If there are close relations between students and teachers, and you don’t want to be at risk if someone decides to sue

In order to qualify for this uniquely inexpensive SA & M coverage, you must meet the below criteria.

  • Do background checks (these are inexpensive and easy to do, fingerprints are NOT required, and any third party background check vendor is acceptable. There are many options online, just do a Google search)
  • Written procedures for dealing with abuse
  • Your staff (paid and volunteer) employment application include questions about whether the individual has ever been convicted of any crime, including sex-related or child abuse related offenses
  • You routinely conduct background checks on all employees and volunteers working with youth
  • You have procedures in place to prevent situations where participants are alone with an individual staff member
  • You’ve never had an incident which resulted in an allegation of sexual abuse

If you do not meet these requirements, you can still get sexual abuse and molestation coverage under Program A above, but the cost is several times higher.

Apply for Both

If none of the above criteria is specific to you, you qualify for both programs we offer. We suggest applying to both to get the best rate. Several variables impact which will be cheaper, such as number of students, student age range, the state you are in, and more. Each application takes about 10 minutes to fill out. Quotes will be available online and can be saved for 30 days.

Common Questions

Q: How much coverage do I need?
A: Legally we cannot say what you should and shouldn’t carry. Check your lease, sometimes they have a requirement. Studios have the option to get from a $1M and $5M aggregate limit. Some studios are more risk-averse than others. This is for your protection and peace of mind, so use what you feel best about.

Q: Do I need additional coverage for equipment & property?
A: Many business owners don’t realize that the base Property Damage Liability coverage only protects you against claims third-party property damage. Examples include a venue you rent for a recital, or the property of a neighboring tenant. The equipment and property add-on coverage, also known as “Inland Marine” coverage, covers you for damage to your property inside the walls of your rented space. Example claims would be for the floors, wall mirrors, lighting, or equipment.

Q: What is an Additional Insured?
A: An additional insured is a third-party entity that obtains protection through your policy for any negligent acts that arise while you are operating on their premise. For example, if you are working as a studio, and leasing your space from a landlord, chances are, you are not covered under the landlord’s insurance policy. If someone was to get injured and sue, they will most likely name as many people or entities as possible in the lawsuit. So they will probably name you (the studio) and Landlord / Property Owners in the suit.  If you named the Landlord as an Additional Insured, the property will be protected under this policy for any claims arising from the studio’s negligence.